7.10.2012

Bear Lake

My family has a tradition of going to Bear Lake every summer.  We stay in a little town called Laketown where my aunt and uncle's cabin is.  It's absolutely beautiful and very secluded.
We usually go around July 4th and the first weekend of August which is known as Raspberry Days.
Cameron, Kenny, and I drove down to join the family for the weekend.
Bear Lake is full of memories for not only my family, but also for Cameron and I.
It was in Laketown that Cameron first told me he loved me, and where we talked about getting married.  Needless to say, this place has a very special place in my heart.

I'll let the pictures tell the rest of this past weekend's events.


 Something we all love to do is set up the volleyball on the front lawn of the cabin and have at it!  
It can get kinda crazy with how competitive some of us are....but we still have a good time.



 Have you ever played this game?  Basically, you do a dance move in front of someone else, and then they have to copy what you did.  There's a little chant/song involved, but it's actually a lot of fun.  As you can see, we had a lot of fun with it.  Even my sweet Grandma Walker got involved!



 This is a very old Walker family tradition...Dr. Mario competitions.  This old super nintendo game started as a competition back in the younger days of my aunts and uncles.  It's lasted and let's just say that if you win, you have a lot of bragging rights.




 Sometimes I think my dad is half Hawaiian.  He loves listening to Hawaiian music, he has taken classes and can speak a lot of Hawaiian, and his dream is to retire in Hawaii (or something like that).  This video is proof of what I said.

 

 And of course, you can't go to Bear Lake without spending time at the actual Lake!  We had a lot of fun swimming, kayaking, and just hanging out at Bear Lake.  The water was cold (as always) but still bearable.  It turned out to be a great day.





Overall, it was a great weekend.  I love spending time with family and keeping up old traditions.
Can't wait till next year!

1 comment:

  1. SO FUN! Sad we missed you guys! But we usually come up for the 24th and for sure Raspberry Days! You got some awesome pictures! Did you take all those? I love all of them! When is your baby shower? I do NOT want to miss it! So let me know as soon as you guys have a date planned :)

    ReplyDelete